- SSSCE Must have credit passes (A-D) in three (3) Core Subjects (English Language, Mathematics and Integrated Science), and credit passes in three (3) elective subjects (Chemistry, Biology, Physics, Food and Nutrition, Agricultural Science, Elective Mathematics).
- WASSCE Must have credit passes (A1-C6) in three (3) Core Subjects (English Language, Mathematics and Integrated Science), and credit passes in three (3) elective subjects (Chemistry, Biology, Physics, Food and Nutrition, Agricultural Science, Elective Mathematics).
- GCE “O” and “A” Level applicants must have three (3) passes including Physics and Chemistry and one of the following: Biology, Mathematics, and Agricultural Science; and should have six (6) ‘O’ Level passes including Mathematics, English Language and a Science subject.
- HND and Diploma Holders
- HND holders in Food Science and Technology related programmes with a minimum of a Second-Class Lower Division will be admitted to level 300. HND holders in HCIM with a minimum of a Second-Class Upper Division. A bridging programme (comprising Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Biochemistry) shall be organised for this category of students, and those who will pass in all the courses shall commence the programme at level 200.
- Mature Applicants must be 25 years old with legitimate documentary proof which is at least five (5) years old at the time of application, and Must have two (2) years’ professional experience (A letter from employer is required} Must pass a written examination or show proof of two (2) credit passes in English Language and Mathematics in SSSCE/WASSCE or any other nationally recognised standard high school level examinations.
- Foreign Applicants Academic records of foreign applicants will be referred to GTEC for the determination of qualification equivalence and eligibility for admission as well as placement.