The Vice Chancellor is the Chief Executive Officer of the University. He has oversight responsibilities over the administrative and academic matters of the institution. He is also the Chief Disciplinary Officer. The Office is thus responsible for organizing and conducting the financial and administrative business of the University.
The Office of the Vice Chancellor consists of the following:
- Vice Chancellor's Secretariat
- Office of the Pro-Vice Chancellor
- Quality Assurance Unit
- Planning Unit
- Business Development Unit
- Procurement Unit
- Industrial Liaison and Career Development Unit
- Information and Communication Technology Directorate
- Office of International Affairs and Institutional Linkages
These units/offices have varying responsibilities that add up to support the successful running of the Vice Chancellor’s Office.