The Department of Procurement and Supply Chain Management is part of the Faculty of Business and Management Studies and it trains students in the area of Purchasing and Supply to meet the needs of industry and the public sector. The HND Purchasing and Supply programme commenced during the 1993/94 academic year on full-time basis and had an initial enrolment of forty (40) students at the beginning of the 1993/94 academic year. Between 1993 and 2014, the Procurement and Supply Chain Management has produced many graduates most of whom now occupy middle and top level positions in commerce, industry, health, educational and other sectors in both the private and public sectors of the Ghanaian economy.
To position the department to meet all requirements for the Technical University in the training of middle level and managerial manpower in the area of Procurement and Supply Chain management..
Recognizing the impact of the Department of Procurement and Supply Chain has on the environment; the Department affirms the following objectives which will be followed while exploring practical ways to promote an environmentally conscious Department:
- To give in-depth knowledge and skills in procurement and supply chain management concepts and practices.
- To equip the students with practical skills through field trips and industrial attachment to meet the human resource demand of industries in the field of procurement and supply chain.
- To equip the students with the relevant skills to enable the public and private sector organisations to achieve value for money in the procurement of goods, works and services.
- To provide Ghana’s Procurement system with a continuous stream of middle and managerial levels with competent manpower for national development.
- To provide a path for academic progression in the field of Procurement and Supply Chain Management through the development of demand driven programmes.