- SSSCE Applicants with passes (A-D) in (6) subjects comprising three core subjects: English language, Integrated Science and Mathematics, plus any three (3) of these Elective subjects: Management in Living, Food Nutrition and any one of these courses, Economics, General Knowledge in Arts, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, and Agriculture.
- WASSCE Applicants with credit passes (A1-D7) in six (6) subjects comprising three (3) core subjects: English Language, Integrated Science and Mathematics, plus passes (C6 or better) in any three (3) of these Elective subjects: Management in Living and Food Nutrition, Economics, General Knowledge in Arts, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, and Agriculture.
- GCE “O” and “A” Level
- Technical Vocational Applicants
- Advanced Cookery (812/2) Holders Must have in addition four (4) SSSCE passes (A-D) or four (4) WASSCE (A1-C6). This should include English, Mathematics and Integrated Science in both cases.
- Intermediate Cookery (812/1) or C60 Holders Must have all passes in C60 including passes in English, Mathematics and Integrated Science
- Diploma Holders: Must have Diploma in Catering and Hospitality Operations or any related Diploma form a recognised Tertiary Institution with Second Class Lower and above plus four (4) SSSCE/WASSCE credit may be admitted into the Second year. Diploma holders with Pass may be admitted into the First year.
- Mature Applicants Must be 25 years old with legitimate documentary proof which is at least five (5) years old at the time of application, must pass Mature Students’ Entrance Examinations conducted by KsTU, may have to attend and pass an interview. Evidence of working experience will be an added advantage.
Foreign Applicants Academic records of foreign applicants will be referred to GTEC for the determination of qualification equivalence and eligibility for admission as well as placement.