- SSSCE Applicants SSSCE Applicants with six (6) credit passes (A-D) in core English, core Mathematics and Integrated Science plus Biology, , Chemistry, Physics/Elective Mathematics
- WASSCE Applicants WASSCE Applicants with six (6) credit passes (A1-C6) in core English, core Mathematics and Integrated Science plus Biology, Agricultural Science, Chemistry, Physics/Elective Mathematics
- GCE “O” and “A” Level Passes in Five (5) GCE "O" Level subjects including English Language, Mathematics and three (3) Science subjects, PLUS passes in Three (3) "A" Level Biology, Agricultural Science, Chemistry, Physics/Elective Mathematics. A pass in General paper would be an advantage.
- HND and Diploma Applicants HND in Science/Industrial Laboratory and Medical Laboratory Technician applicants with at least Second-Class Lower Division will be admitted into the programme at level 300.
- Mature Applicants Must be 25 years old with legitimate documentary proof which is at least five (5) years old at the time of application, must pass Mature Students’ Entrance Examinations conducted by KsTU, may have to attend and pass an interview. Evidence of working experience will be an added advantage
- Foreign Applicants: Academic records of foreign applicants will be referred to GTEC for the determination of qualification equivalence and eligibility for admission as well as placement