The Governing Council of Kumasi Technical University, invites applications from qualified and enterprising persons to fill in the position of Vice-Chancellor.
ABOUT KUMASI TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY
Kumasi Technical University is located in the heart of Kumasi, the Garden City of West Africa, and the capital of the Ashanti Region of Ghana. The University was converted from a Polytechnic to a Technical University in September 2016 by an Act of Parliament establishing Technical Universities in Ghana. The University is mandated by the Technical Universities Act 2016 (Act 922) as amended, to provide higher education in Engineering, Science and Technology-based disciplines, Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET), Applied Arts and related disciplines.
The University has 657 staff with diverse background made up of faculty, administrative and other professionals. It has a student population of about 12,000 enrolled on various academic and professional programmes.
The University's Vision is to be a World-class Technical University devoted to Science, Technology and Entrepreneurship Education.
- is the Academic and Executive Head of the University and is responsible, under the Governing Council; and in accordance with the Statutes of the University, for organising and conducting the Academic, Financial and Administrative businesses of the University.
- is, subject to the Statutes of the University, the Chief Disciplinary Officer and has authority over all employees and students of the University.
- is responsible for protecting the integrity of the University's processes.
- is to provide the necessary academic and administrative leadership to promote a World-Class, Technical University Education.
- shall be responsible for initiating and implementing Strategic Plans of the University, subject to approval by the Governing Council.
- shall advise the Governing Council and the Academic Board on all matters affecting policy, finance, governance, and administration of the University.
- shall have the power to delegate any of the functions assigned by the Statutes of the University to Senior Members of the University as deemed appropriate, subject to the approval of the Governing Council.
Terms of Appointment
- The term of office of the Vice-Chancellor shall be four (4) years; and may upon application be renewed for another term only or part thereof in accordance with the Statutes of the University.
- The salary and conditions of service attached to this position are very attractive and are comparable to those of other public universities in Ghana.
- Must be of unblemished character and have a high degree of personal integrity; be circumspect and above reproach.
- Must be a distinguished and internationally acclaimed scholar, with a minimum academic qualification of PhD or equivalent; and must be of Professorial or equivalent rank.
- Must have wide experience in tertiary education management and leadership.
- Must have proven capacity to manage faculty, staff, students, and assets of the University.
- Must possess excellent inter-personal and communication skills; be a team player and have the capacity to manage and control crisis.
- Must be visionary, business-oriented, and able to establish stronger links between industry and the University.
- Must have the capacity to raise funds and other resources for teaching, research, and community services.
- Must have a good understanding and knowledge of the Education Policies of Ghana, especially, those on Technical Universities.
How to Apply
- The Applicant must submit a Letter of Application, a Curriculum Vitae including names and addresses of three (3) referees, and a Statement of Vision of not more than four pages (Paper - A4; Font Style - Times New Roman; Font Size - 12 and Line Spacing - 1.5) to the Office of the Registrar of the University.
- Applications may be hand-delivered in sealed envelopes or by registered postage to the Office of the Registrar of the University.
- Applications may also be submitted through the electronic mail system.
- Applications should reach the address(es) below not later than Friday 19th May, 2023.
Search Committee for Vice-Chancellor
Office of the Registrar
Kumasi Technical University
P. O. Box 854