The Students Loan Trust Fund (SLTF) was established in December 2005 under the Trustee Incorporation Act 1962, Act 106.
The objectives of the Trust Fund are to provide financial resources for the sound management of the Trust for the benefit of students and to help promote and facilitate the national ideals enshrined in Article 25 and 38 of the 1992 Constitution.
For the purpose of achieving the objectives of the Trust Fund, monies from the Trust Fund shall be applied to the relevant activities that the Trustees of the Fund may determine, including, in particular
- The provision of facilities to enhance the tertiary education to support students.
- The provision of moneys to support any other activities and programmes for the promotion of relevant courses as determined by the Trustees, in consultation with the Minister.
The Students Loans Trust Fund is governed by a Board of Trustees that comprises of distinguished individuals of relevant backgrounds relevant to the business of SLTF. The members of the board are appointed by the President of the Republic. The day – to – day administration of the SLTF is headed by CEO, assisted by a team of dedicated professionals. The SLTF also has Campus offices in major institutions. The functions of these offices include:
- Provide first stop for student inquiries.
- Pickup and drop off points for Loan Application forms.
- Loan Application verification for completeness of forms.
- Liaise between the SLTF and the loan applicants.
- Disseminate information to students in a timely manner.
The sources of loanable funds for SLTF include:
- Monies paid into the Trust Fund representing up to ten percent of all the inflows into the Ghana Education Trust Fund.
- Voluntary contributions which will be tax deductible.
- Mobilization of resources from Ghana’s international partners interested in the advancement of tertiary education.
- Contributions from the corporate sector that shall be tax deductible up to the equivalent of 0.5% of the company’s actual profit before tax.
- Loans from Social Security and National Insurance Trust.
Operations of the Fund and Location of the Office
SLTF KUMASI TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY ZONAL INSTITUTIONS
Kumasi Technical University Zone oversee 15 other institutions in Ashanti Region
Kumasi Technical University Old Library Building
5 Private Universities
2 Public Universities
1 Public Technical University
2 Distance Education
3 Private NTCs
1 Agricultural College
2 Private Institutes
Kumasi Technical University
026-4070060 / 0501340517
SLTF Call Centre
SLTF Head office
Mission & Vision Statement of the Fund
Inspiring and unleashing greater prospect
To provide timely financial services to eligible Ghanaian Tertiary Students
What We offer for Students & the Requirement
The Students Loan Trust Fund provides Timely Financial SERVICES to Eligible Ghanaian Tertiary Students to inspire and unleash greater prospects.
- You must be a Ghanaian and have been offered admission to study an accredited tertiary programme in Ghana.
- You must be pursuing tertiary programme such as a diploma or 1st degree and have a Student ID card or admission letter.
- You must have a valid Ghana Card Number (can be acquired at designated NIA, & GRA offices for free).
- You must have an active registered Mobile Phone Number, a valid Email Address and an E-zwich Card (can be obtained at any bank)
The Role of Kumasi Technical University (KsTU) in Students Loan Operations
- The Kumasi Technical University is one of our major stakeholders in our daily activities.
- The University provides conducive environment and office accommodation for staff of the Fund to work.
- The University facilitates processing of students’ loan through the provision of students’ list.
- The University involves the Fund in all activities, including orientations and matriculations.
Link to the SLTF website for vital information and loan application: https://www.sltf.gov.gh/